If your home learning is anything like mine, the tides are beginning to change! The novelty has worn off and the phrases like 'do I have to', 'I am tired', 'can I do it later?' are all beginning to creep in. Apparently, I am not a proper teacher as I do not do it the way my son's teacher does it!! Yes, it is strange times for all of us!
Therefore, I would like to remind everyone to just do your best. Routine is key and every day will bring new challenges - some good and some not so good. Keep smiling!
Our overall aim should be to make this a happy time for children. A time they talk about when they are our age, a time for family fun, family laughter, family games and family activities. If they have had a good time and are healthy in body and mind, they will learn a lot quicker on their return to school.
Home Learning - some top tips:
1. Have a routine each day.
2. Always follow some learning with a reward/special activity. "After we have finished our Read Write Inc with Rosie, we will...."
3. Use me (Mr Bundy) in any way you like!! Email me with their work to praise them or email me if you are having an issue (DO NOT worry about home learning on your own!).
4. Try new things. Keep the routine but alter the content. There are more and more resources being put online and this week I will signpost a couple of other sites that you may like to try for variety. DO NOT do them all - pick and choose!
5. Remember to use your skills - teach the children them. We are all good at something! It might be the skills you need to do your job, it might be a specific hobby or past time you have.
6. The children are still very young - practical activities and learning through play is ALWAYS the best method. They will learn through baking, making, building, gardening etc.
7. Get outside EVERYDAY (even if it is raining).
8. DO NOT WORRY! Every child/family across the country is in the same boat with home learning and are having the same positive and not so positive issues. When we return to school we WILL pick up the pieces of the lockdown, we WILL move their learning on quickly and we WILL continue to help your child/ren to be the best that they can be!