2. Art Challenge: Find out about an amazing artist called Andy Goldsworthy.
Can you be inspired by his artwork to create something in your garden?
3. Geography Pirate Challenge: Draw a map of your garden or a room from your house. Can you hide something (treasure) in that place and mark it on the map with an X? See if another member of your family can find the treasure using the map.
4. Chef Challenge: Can you help cook a meal for you and your family?
5. Builder Challenge: Can you build dens and read your favourite books in them? Can you build a den in the house with ‘man made materials’? Can you build a den outside with ‘natural’ materials?
6. Number Challenge: We all love counting! Can you use your number skills to create a natural number line? The number line can go from 1 to… well you decide?
7. Computing Challenge: I love hearing about what you have been up to. Can you have a go at typing your own email to me about what you have been doing over the holidays? Please feel free to email anytime!
8. Designer Challenge: Have you had a go at origami (paper folding) recently? Can you
create and decorate a paper aeroplane? Can you make one that flies for more than 5
meters? Can you make one that does loop the loops? Paper Plane Ideas
9. Architect Challenge: Here is a story about a mouse who needs a new house. Can you
listen to the story and then have a go at reading it yourself? Find a nice quiet part of
your garden or home. Can you create a ‘House for a Mouse’? Think about all the
things that it would need.
10. Author Challenge: Imagine you were as small as an ant. Imagine you were as small
as an ant in your bedroom, your garden or your kitchen. What would you do? Where
would you go? Watch this video and then write a story about your adventures.
Perhaps write a sentence or two each day with the help of your family. Be as
imaginative and as creative as you can.